Guidelines and procedure on how to apply a green tick or green badge WhatsApp account.
The Official Business Account (OBA) will have a green checkmark badge
in its profile, and the business's name is visible on the chat screen even if the user hasn't added or saved the business's contact to their address book.
While most businesses would like to apply for the green tick, only a few companies will have an official business account due to its stricter criteria. The decision by WhatsApp is based on various factors, such as whether the brand is notable and reputable, media exposure etc.
- 1.Verified Business Manager with a display name that is supported by the client’s external branding (Business Manager cannot belong to another company or agency)
- 2.The quality rating of the number must be ‘high’ at the time the application is made.
- 4.Facebook Business Manager must be verified status.
- 5.Must be a notable and reputed brand - decided by WhatsApp
With regards to 'notable and reputed brand' - some guidelines are:
- Facebook page link, with 10000 organic likes
- Quality of your business website
- Sufficient media exposure (decided by WhatsApp)
2. To get to the Profile section, go to Phone numbers > Settings.
If your account has more than one WABA numbers, please select the one you want to apply for Green tick and click on Settings.
Click on Phone numbers and it will bring you to next page
Choose the number that you want to apply for green tick and click on settings.
3. Click on Submit Request Button and fill out the required information.
If your OBA request has been denied, it means the Meta team has carefully reviewed your application, and unfortunately, your account is not eligible for the green tick status. The decision is final and cannot be appealed at this time.
You have to wait for 30 days before submitting another OBA request again. During this time, the business can continue to grow its presence by increasing organic likes on the Facebook page, improving website quality and building its presence in news articles and media.